Re: Debian 11.1.0 DVD 2,3,4,5 ?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 04:16:21PM +0200, Christoph Prokop wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i just downloaded DVD1 for 11.1.0 but it seems DVD 2,3,... are missing here:
> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/
> Is it on purpose only DVD1?
>
> This Site lists 1-5 (but i am not sure who provides theses isos):
> Is this even an official mirror?
> http://debian-cd.inspire.net.nz/current/amd64/iso-dvd/
>
> Greetings and thanks for all your efforts!
>
> Chris
>

>From Debian 11.0 onwards, we're ornly providing one DVD as standard.
It is a law of diminishing returns: we found fewer and fewer people
were downloading all three and yet people were continuing to get confused
by which DVD was bootablew and which was necessary

If you want to get DVD2 and DVD3 particularly, then you can use
jigdo-lite and .jigdo files. Most people don't in fact need them
because DVD1 will install sufficient / they're carrying out an
install while connected to the Internet anyway.

If you need more than one DVD's worth, another possibility is to use
the 16G file to put onto a USB stick / the Blu-Ray disk images which are
also bootable from USB stick.

It's possible that the admin of the mirror you cite just made the DVD
files up for convenience of their users.

cdimage.debian.org is the canonical source for CD / DVD and other Debian
media so check there first for changes, as you have done in this instance.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater