Re: Spyder package missing from jigdo amd64 weekly 16 GB stick ISO, but its dependencies are there

Hi!

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 08:26:53PM +0200, epsommumule@virgilio.it wrote:

>The Spyder package is missing from jigdo amd64 weekly 16 GB stick ISO.
>
>All its dependencies are there like python3-spyder, but since spyder
>itself is missing, spyder can not be used.
>
>https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/jigdo-16G/
>
>https://packages.debian.org/fr/sid/spyder
>
>I quote from this page : "This package provides the application for Python 3."

The 16GB image isn't big enough to hold every package in Debian, I'm
afraid. A full set of all packages for amd64 bullseye is currently
around 70GB...

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead