Re: Please provide a new disc target: 100 GB M-Disc / full Debian ISO for DoK

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 07:41:46PM +0200, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> I'm using 100 GB M-Discs for offline Debian installation. This big ISO
> image is also useful for 128 GB Flash Disks / DoKs.
>
> I don't ask for HTTP download, if it's difficult, but a jigdo image.

As a member of the team testing CD images: it's quite hard to generate / test
the 16G iso and the BD disks in a reasonable amount of time. There's a sense
of diminishing returns beyond BD1 size. If you really need to generate
machines offline with _everything_ available, we already have the Double layer
blue ray disks as .jigdo files.

The question of what images are needed and worthwhile to generate is generally
chatted over with every point release. Perhaps a wishlist request for Bullseye?

Just my 0.02

Andy C.