Re: ftp.debian.org: please drop MD5sum lines from Packages

Hi,

i wrote:
> How about mirror checking by SHA256 in grab_md5, before computing the
> MD5 for jigdo ?

Or you could let libjte internally compute both, SHA256 and MD5,
let it work with SHA256, but store in .jigdo and .template the MD5.

(I just checked the API definition. If you can tolerate the function
 names libjte_set_md5_path() and libjte_add_md5_demand(), then the
 API part used by xorriso will need no change, whatever you decide.

 Not so good looks the API part which re-narrates the way how genisoimage
 produced jigdo. Functions libjte_decide_file_jigdo() and
 libjte_write_match_record() have MD5 char arrays as parameters.
 They'd need to be deprecated and/or replaced by new functions.
 I am not aware of any other user of libjte except xorriso. So maybe
 just throw out the "Traditional Data File API".

 What happens to "powerpc" ISOs ?
 Will you backport the new JTE to genisoimage ?
)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas