Re: Kernel / modules version do not match in weekly testing install CD

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:18:38AM +0100, Julien Bigot wrote:
>On mercredi 13 novembre 2019 21:52:18 CET Svante Signell wrote:
>> On Wed, 2019-11-13 at 14:58 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> > On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:26:18AM +0100, Julien Bigot wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > We've had a spate of build failures in debian-installer recently that
>> > have triggered problems like this. I've just pushed a fix now thay
>> > should hopefully get things going again.
>>
>> Thank you for your reply. However, poking around I don't find any updated
>> iso files (yet) :(
>
>Last modification date of the iso here
>https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/ point to today.
>
>However, a quick look (not booted yet) in the ISO file,
>/pool/main/l/linux-signed-amd64/ seems to still show a 5.2 kernel and 5.3
>modules.
>
>Maybe this is unrelated to the debian-installer issue.

It may have taken an extra build for things to pull through. I just
grabbed

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/20191114-3/amd64/iso-cd/

and it looks ok here.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer