Re: Adding sha256 support into jigdo tools (jigdo and jigit)

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 09:15:34AM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> the external API for libjte is *very* close to what we had before.
>
>Now i'm curious. I expected no need for a change, assumed that you'd
>automagically detect the checksum type from the lines in the -md5-list
>file.

I'd prefer to have jigdo creators make an explicit choice in the
interface, rather than try to work it out automatically. It's easier
to not make mistakes that way. IMHO. Yes, I've chosen differently for
the make-image/jigit-mkimage clients - I want that to be as easy and
automatic as possible for the end users who shouldn't have to care.

>> I've got a simple diff right now that I'm
>> just cleaning up and will send you shortly.
>
>Timing seems lucky. I have a new upstream release waiting for sponsored
>upload in
>  https://salsa.debian.org/optical-media-team/libburn/
>  https://salsa.debian.org/optical-media-team/libisofs/
>  https://salsa.debian.org/optical-media-team/libsoburn/
>
>If you upload a new libjte soon, then we can squeeze-in the necessary
>source patches and ./debian changes. I told Dominique Dumont that my upload
>request is postponed for now. (Something that fits well in any todo list.)

Woot!

I started on this last night, having found your gitlab setup etc. I
was hoping to set up a fork and send you a MR, but the separation of
libisofs, libisoburn and libburn into separate repos makes it a little
more awkward to work that way. :-/

Patch coming shortly, I promise!

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Das Mohapatra