Re: corrupt netinstaller file

Hi!

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 07:18:47PM -0400, syrphid@fastmail.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>When trying the stable v9.9.0 amd64 netinstaller, I keep getting the
>message that the libc6 file is corrupt. The file is
>/cdrom/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.24-11+deb9u4_amd64.deb. The
>installer also fails to download the file -- despite the working
>network connection. The install cannot proceed because the file's
>part of the base system.
>
>This occurs with both (1) the direct debian-9.9.0-amd64-netinst.iso
>file (mirror at <https://saimei.ftp.acc.umu.se>) and (2) the .torrent
>file from <https://cdimage.debian.org>.
>
>In all cases, I successfully download, checksum, and write the ISO to
>a flash drive from another OS. There's no other problem with the
>installer -- up until that file.

It's really unlikely that the file is corrupt in the image - lots of
people have installed successfully using that same image, including me
on the day we built and released it. The most likely thing you're
seeing is a problem with the flash drive. Can you read back and verify
the netinstall image from the flash drive OK?

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll