Re: Missing the rescue CD image, what can I do?

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 04:28:37PM +0100, Jose M Calhariz wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 03:27:24PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> That's exactly it, yes. And be prepared to maintain the list
>> as/when/if other people want changes.
>
>OK, I will.
>
>But let me first test the creation of live rescue CD.  So I can test
>result in a VM.  Does the scripts can run on a testing machine, like
>my laptop?  Or do I need to do some changes?

They should do, yes. live-wrapper is the tool to use, and it depends
on vmdebootstrap etc. underneath. From the code used to build our
weekly images (see [1] for context):

lwr $OPTS --architecture $ARCH \
    -d $CODENAME \
    --isolinux \
    --grub \
    --log stderr \
    --installer ${INSTALLER_VERSION} \
    -t live-task-${BUILD} -f "${FIRMWARE_PKGS}" \
    --base_debs "${BASE_DEBS}" \
    --description "${DESCRIPTION}" \
    --volume_id "${VOLID}" \
    --image_output ${NAME}.iso

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/live-setup/blob/master/available/run-30live-wrapper

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"