Missing the rescue CD image, what can I do?

Hi,

I miss the old rescue images, they were usefull because they had
software that is no longer present on the new images, like for example
amanda to do bare bones recover from backups.  While is possible to
use the new images, is a little annoying to have to install the extra
software or have to discover the package that have a missing binary.

I have cloned the repo debian-cd and I would like some tips to speed
up the understanding how much work is needed to reintroduce the rescue
images for stretch or buster.

I am at DebCamp18 and I am willing to talk with anyone to help to make
new rescue images.

Kind regards
Jose M Calhariz

Dívida pra mim é sagrada. Deus lhe pague!