Re: What mirror to use with archived jigdo DVD images ?

Hi,

Philip Hands wrote:
> Ah, right -- you seem to have discovered some corrupt files on my
> server.  Thanks :-)

I had a similar suspicion but failed yet to write a reverse function to
decode the MD5s in the .jigdo file. It's a 6-bit format but not base64.
An encoder is in libjte/jte.c as base64_dump(). A decoder should be in
jigdo-file, but i cannot find it.

> I've overwritten them now, which should fix the immediate issue.

Yep. The next jigdo-lite run yields:

  Found 2 of the 2 files required by the template
  Successfully created `debian-6.0.7-amd64-DVD-1.iso'
  Finished!
  The fact that you got this far is a strong indication that `debian-6.0.7-amd64-DVD-1.iso'
  was generated correctly. I will perform an additional, final check,
  which you can interrupt safely with Ctrl-C if you do not want to wait.

  OK: Checksums match, image is good!

sha256sum too yields the correct checksum from the .jigdo download site.

To understand what was going on: Is this theory correct ?
- Regardless which mirror URL i told jigdo-lite, it tried to fetch the
  problematic packages from your server.
- jigdo-lite (or rather its backend jigdo-file) did not tell that the
  MD5 of the downloaded packages are wrong.

But why did my first attempt yesterday yield 7 missing files, when i used
Debian mirror  http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/  ?
Another glitch somewhere else ?

That mirror has not many of the desired files, but i can see in the log
that missing files get later found on us.cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot.

The next try with mirror archive.debian.org/debian/ fetched from there
  gnome-user-share_2.30.1-1_amd64.deb
  ipolish_20100612-1_amd64.deb
  myspell-en-gb_3.2.1-2_all.deb
  debian-keyring_2010.12.29_all.deb
  openoffice.org-l10n-en-gb_3.2.1-11+squeeze8_all.deb
The two offending files yielded 404 and were then fetched from
us.cdimage.debian.org :
  gnupg-udeb_1.4.10-4+squeeze1_amd64.udeb
  texlive-pstricks-doc_2009-10_all.deb

In the log i see that ialready the first try got all 7 files from
us.cdimage.debian.org but somehow did not graft them into the ISO.
Like:

  2017-12-14 23:13:15 (5.85 MB/s) - ‘debian-6.0.7-amd64-DVD-1.iso.tmpdir/us.cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/Debian/pool/main/g/gnome-user-share/gnome-user-share_2.30.1-1_amd64.deb’ saved [691802/691802]

Whatever, i will now ask Nicholas Geovanis on debian-user to try again.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas