Question about "unofficial firmware images"

Hello,

first of all, as always, thanks for the great work with Debian... It's still the best GNU/Linux distro on the "market"!

I have a question regarding the "unofficial firmware images", there's something unclear to me: in the site it says

"Non-free Firmware

For convenience for some users, this unofficial alternative build includes non-free firmware for extra support for some awkward hardware."

So, are those images basically Debian with a "standard" (non-Libre) kernel (and so including ALL non-free firmware)?
Or are those just a regular Debian, with a Libre kernel, and the addings of only some non-free firmware?

Thanks in advance for the answer, wish all of you a good day,

Daniele Santu