Re: Different order of packages on Debian 9.2.0 images vs. 9.1.0 images

Hi Garnet,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 09:42:21AM -0400, Garnet DeGelder wrote:

>When upgrading from Debian 9.1.0 to 9.2.0 using only the first Blu-ray
>image (amd64) (without Internet connection), I noticed that many
>packages that were available on the old 9.1.0 Blu-ray image were not
>available on the new 9.2.0 image. I then downloaded the double-layer
>Blu-ray image for 9.2.0, and noticed that many of those packages still
>were not available.
>
>As I don't recall a change like this since I switched to Debian
>(starting with 8.5), is this an intentional change or is it due to an
>issue in the image creation process?

It appears that there was a glitch with the popcon.debian.org when we
were preparing the installer images on Saturday. We use the output
from popcon to control ordering of packages on media, after the
installer and core packages are placed. This means that the exact
ordering of packages for 9.2.0 will have shifted quite a bit compared
to 9.1.0 I'm afraid.

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth