Re: Hello

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:46:27PM -0400, ROBERTO RIJOS wrote:
>Thank you so much for getting back to me , Iam all new to Linux , why is
>there three of them cd1,cd2,cd3 ??

https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#which-cd :

Which of the numerous images should I download? Do I need all of them?

No. First, of course you only need to download CD or DVD or BD images
- the three types of images contain the same packages.

Also, you only need the CD/DVD/BD images for your computer's
architecture. The architecture is the type of hardware your computer
uses. By far the most popular one is the Intel/AMD architecture, so
most people will only want to get the images for "i386". If your PC
has a 64-bit AMD or Intel processor, you will most likely need the
"amd64" images (though "i386" is also fine), the "ia64" images will
not work.

Furthermore, in most cases it is not necessary to download all of the
images for your architecture. The packages are sorted by popularity:
The first CD/DVD/BD contains the installation system and the most
popular packages. The second one contains slightly less popular ones,
the third one even less popular ones, etc. You will probably only need
the first couple of DVDs (or the first few CDs) unless you have very
special requirements. (And in case you happen to need a package later
on which is not on one of the CDs/DVDs/BDs you downloaded, you can
always install that package directly from the Internet.)

You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me