Debian OpenStack disk image dist url format

Hello folks!

I'm attempting to automate the process of fetching base disk images for various platforms, and I have to say that the naming of the debian images seems arbitrary.  Is there any way that we could pick something a little more consistent, or at least add some symlinks?

To demonstrate the difficulties I've been having, I wrote a little script, fetch-baseimages.pl

Note the conditional on line 66.  Also note the considerably longer and somewhat hard-coded method of determining the filename and url of the disk image for each supported release, starting on line 33.

My recommendation would be to use only the major version number in the filename, and to have the file reside in a directory named with the major version, as well.  This is the way that the other OSs which we support do it.  Well, Ubuntu uses a string representing the YY.MM instead of a major version, but at least it's consistent :-)

Can has help please?

Thanks in advance!

C.J.