Re: Reproducing cd build

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 04:22:58PM +0200, Frederic Bonnard wrote:
>Hi all,

Hi Frederic,

>I've got a grub problem on ppc64el (PowerVM) when I try to boot with the
>testing netinst iso in
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/ppc64el/iso-cd/
>. But I don't get it with the mini.iso from there
>: http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-ppc64el/current/images/netboot/
>
>Those links are taken from "Current daily snapshots" section of
>https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/, netinst CD image and netboot
>image.

What problem are you seeing?

>What is difference at the "version" level : both are based on testing, right ?
>what could differentiate them ?

They basically use the same d-i build, but there may be differences in
how the rest of the image is built.

>Also, what is the process to rebuild the netinst CD image?
>I followed https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build . The netboot target
>builds a mini.iso . But the build_cdrom target drops a debian-cd_info.tar.gz in
>dest/cdrom/ and no iso. How can I build the netinst cd from there ?

The debian-cd_info.tar.gz file is used by debian-cd when building the
netinst and larger images that we provide (e.g. CD, DVD, BD). It
contains soncifguration and text from the d-i build that are needed
for those larger CD/DVD builds.

>I'd like to be able to reproduce the problem from the source and
>understand this.

To do that, you'll need to install debian-cd (preferably the version
from git master that's used for the daily builds) and a local mirror
to build with. The docs in debian-cd are out of date (sorry!) but
should give you a good start. If you need help, please ask here or in
irc (irc.debian.org, #debian-cd).

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.