Re: Building cloud images on Debian infrastructure

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 02:54:51PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> As already known, Steve, Martin and me talked about how we could build
> Azure and all the other images on Debian infrastructure.  The results of
> this meeting were posted by Martin and Steve already.

> We didn't talk much about the technical stuff, as overall policy was the
> priority.  I want to start this part here.

> My requirements for building the images would be:
> - one set of tools used for all images

Currently for the official Debian cloud images are build with:
- openstack-debian-images for openstack images
- bootstrap-vz for ec2/gcs images
- azure image is built with ?

> - result includes not only images, but also tars
> - images are built only using the tar as input

Is there a specific usecase for using tar as input, or is
it to make image building faster?

> - optional utilize current Linux features like user namespaces

> Any thoughts on this?  Any things I missed?

- image reproduction instructions provided next to images

Riku