Re: Timeline for official Debian cloud images for the Stretch release

Thomas Goirand wrote:
>On 03/25/2016 11:31 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>  * 3rd September: Requirements agreed for a test suite for cloud images
>>
>>    To make sure that the images we're producing are sane with
>>    reasonable quality, we'll be running tests on them. We'll need to
>>    agree what should be tested (and how!).
>
>I have a full functional test suite in place for OpenStack, on my own
>CI. Though having it ported to the Debian infrastructure will be a lot
>of work.

Cool!

>I can invest time in such a work, though how do I get the needed
>resources. It will require at least a VM with 8 GB of RAM, and it'd be
>even best if it was on bare metal (so it'd go faster to install and run).

IME it's much easier to automate using VMs if possible, but I'm open
to being convinced otherwise.

>For the CI which I'm using currently, I'm using Debian Live, booted over
>PXE, so that just a reset is enough to "redeploy" a fresh Jessie. Would
>the DSA provide that?

We could do something like that quite readily, I hope. Neil Williams
has already started setting up a Debian instance of LAVA [1] which is
designed to do exactly this kind of thing! See lave.debian.net if
you're interested.

[1] https://wiki.linaro.org/LAVA

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html