Re: What package is in charge for bugs in netboot/mini.iso ?

Hi,

> > > You'll need a new debian-installer upload to unstable

> > Who can make it happen ?

> Usually me. But we don't normally do that outside releases. If you don't
> trust stuff on d-i.d.o (which is entirely reasonable), rebuilding the
> debian-installer source package locally is easy enough.

The broken mini is mentioned in
  https://wiki.debian.org/InstallFAQ
as one of the ways to get a Sid installation:

  Use netboot "mini.iso" image. You will find it on any of the
  Debian mirrors under
  debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-*/current/images/netboot/mini.iso.
  During the installation choose "Advanced options" -> "Expert install".
  In the step "Choose a mirror of the Debian archive" choose version
  "sid - unstable".

I got a Sid VM meanwhile via upgrade-dist from stable to testing
to unstable. The statement from the FAQ turned out to be true:

  This method is the most sure to work of those presented here.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas