Re: Bash prompt modification for all users

On 04/03/2015 23:53, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 06:27:04PM +0200, Robert Spencer wrote:
Hi,

I've run into a strange issue, hopefully I'm just missing something.

My boss wants me to change the Bash prompt for all users of our CD.

I've had some success by putting a bash script containing our custom
prompt into /target/etc/profile.d/, oddly though that only changes
the prompt for the first user.

I've tried changing files in /target/etc/skel/ with no success.

Has anyone else had success with changing the prompt for all users
and how did you do it?

Hi Robert,

You might be better off asking on the debian-user list for this kind
of help...

Hi Steve,

Although I would normally agree with you, this isn't case of me not knowing how to set a bash prompt for all new (should have put that in earlier) users. You modify /etc/skel/.bashrc for that.

I'm trying to understand why my changes to /target/etc/skel/ aren't sticking.

I can change /target/root/ and /target/etc/profile.d/, so my script is working.

I'm overlooking something, I just don't know what.

--
Robert Spencer