Bash prompt modification for all users

Hi,

I've run into a strange issue, hopefully I'm just missing something.

My boss wants me to change the Bash prompt for all users of our CD.

I've had some success by putting a bash script containing our custom prompt into /target/etc/profile.d/, oddly though that only changes the prompt for the first user.

I've tried changing files in /target/etc/skel/ with no success.

Has anyone else had success with changing the prompt for all users and how did you do it?

--
Robert Spencer