Re: Proposal for new Debian image: Vagrant base box

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 08:23:18PM +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
>Hi debian-installmedia,

Hi Emmanuel!

>I have been working with the debian-cloud team for some time now
>creating "Vanilla" Debian Images for Vagrant, a devops tool.
>
>Vagrant call these images base boxes, it's basically some kind of
>lightly customized Virtualbox OVF with extra meta data information.
>
>I've documented the details of this here:
>https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Cloud/VagrantBaseBoxes
>
>The boxes aka disk images are here:
>https://atlas.hashicorp.com/debian/
>
>Up to now the creation and upload of these boxes has been done from my
>workstation, but I'd rather do it with you guys on some Debian
>Infrastructure.

OK, cool. :-)

Hmmm - looking at your wiki page, I just see one problem really:

"The build process requires the non-free
 virtualbox-guest-additions-iso package, the rest of the build chain
 and installed packages are DFSG compliant. "

For official images, we won't include non-free components/packages. Is
there any way to avoid this?

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back