Re: Summary of the Debian CD BoF at DC15

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 01:52:20PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Misc questions and discussion
> =============================
>
> Q. Multi-architecture CDs - possible?
>
> A. Yes, but it depends massively on the architectures involved. We
>    already do multi-arch amd64/i386 CDs/DVDs, and we used to have
>    others: amd64/i386/powerpc, alpha/hppa/ia64 (the HP
>    special!). There's scope to make more like this, so long as the
>    architectures don't clash in terms of how their boot support is
>    configured. Sector 0 is special on lots of different architectures,
>    and some of them clash in terms of what they want in various
>    locations in this boot sector.

How about amd64/kfreebsd-amd64 and i386/kfreebsd-i386 images?

(Yes, I know that kFreeBSD isn't officially supported right now;
presumably they will be again at some point in the future)

[...]

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26