Re: arm64 and isohybrid

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:45:16AM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>the third, zero sized partition "Gap1" gets indeed
>produced by libisofs. xorriso command -report_system_area
>does not show it, though.

ACK, I can see that.

>I am investigating. You may assume that this partition
>will not be produced in future xorriso versions.

Cool. I'll be honest, there's no rush for this for me. The earlier
image format using an appended msdos partition rather than GPT is
working fine for now, and is what I'm going to use for the Jessie
release this coming weekend. I might be tempted to switch to GPT later
for this, but it's just too close to release to be playing with this
kind of change... :-)

>If the "Gap1" partition entry is suspected to disturb anything,
>you may create the intended state of GPT by
>
>  dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.iso conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=1280 count=128
>
>(Actually one would have to zeroize the entry in the backup
> GPT, too. Its position is 62 blocks before the backup header
> block + 256 bytes. The header block number is given by
> xorriso -report_system area as third number in line
> "GPT lba range". E.g with
>   GPT lba range      :      64  266240  266303
> the backup entry of partition 3 is at byte (266303 - 62) * 512 + 256.
>)

Right.

The Gap1 partition doesn't seem to cause any problems on the one
device I've got handy for testing, anyway.

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess