Re: Netinstall can't detect disk controller

Hi Tiberiu

On Wed, December 24, 2014 10:46 am, Tiberiu Popescu wrote:
> I don't understand why this is happening. Isn't the net installer supposed
> to get all the necessary files from a mirror and act just like a normal
> installation image?
> When using a PXE boot server what is the procedure for finding the correct
> disk controller driver and providing it to the net installer?

One of the recent wheezy point releases included a kernel where certain disk
controller modules were missing.  If you happen to have installed that image
on your PXE server, then you will have the issue you described - I know since
I ran into this myself.  Simply upgrade to the latest installer images from
the Debian mirrors and the problem will go away.

Regards
  Jon