Netinstall can't detect disk controller

Hello,

I have set up a PXE boot server in order to boot and install new systems in my LAN without having to use actual CDs following this procedure: https://wiki.debian.org/PXEBootInstall#Set_up_TFTP_server and it works fine. However I had a problem while installing Debian 7 on a branded (and pretty old) PC because the installer could not detect the hard drives and provided a list to choose from. I haven't been able to identify the right one (if it exists in that list and I also selected to add the driver injection component for the installer). After that I managed to install the system using an Wheezy installation DVD and never had any problems while detecting the hard drives.

I don't understand why this is happening. Isn't the net installer supposed to get all the necessary files from a mirror and act just like a normal installation image?
When using a PXE boot server what is the procedure for finding the correct disk controller driver and providing it to the net installer?

Thanks!

--
Tiberiu