Sid crash using root terminal and tried to see Applications

Hi, I checked http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/ but I couldn't find something like this problem.

I have a Dell studio XPS, with a GeForce 9400M G/integrated/SSE2 graphic card. I installed Sid (Gnome) with no problem, but when I open a root terminal and tried to see Applications (go to Activities in Debian 7.7) the system crashed and I have to turn off the computer manually, it happened every time I tried, so unfortunately, I am using 7.7 now.

I hope this help and the problem will be resolved soon, so I can use Sid.

Thanks

pablo