Re: Summary from the d-i / debian-cd BoF at DC14

Hi,

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
> Debian-CD Plans
> ===============
>
> * Which images do we want to make for Jessie? Currently we have, for
>   every architecture:
>   + netinst
>   + CD set
>   + alternate versions of CD#1 for each of the desktops (gnome/kde/xfce/lxde)
>   + DVD
>   + BD (x86 only)
[...]
>   Discussion about trying to make desktops fit on 1 CD. XFCE and LXDE
>   both fit on 1 CD, Gnome and KDE basically don't fit any more. We
>   need to work out what to do there.
>
>   Should we still build Gnome or KDE CDs at all? Not clear. Let's have
>   the discussion.

I was wondering if it was possible to build installer images without a
specific size limit, i.e. include all packages for tasks x, y, z. Doing
so might result in nice images for GNOME, KDE, XFCE, * that are just as
large as they have to be.

> Discussion and questions
>
> * Question about the status of signed images.
>   + All of the official images created and distributed via cdimage.d.o
>     are signed:
[...]
>   + Both of these keys are in the WoT, cross-signed by Steve and a few
>     other folks.

Are both keys in debian-role-keys.gpg (in the debian-keyring package)?

Ansgar