Re: Changes for d-i, tasksel and d-cd

Hi there!

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:39:31 -0700, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Finally, I've been getting some useful feedback on the front of
> exactly which images we should be making at this point, and I'm
> thinking of dropping most of the CD options, leaving us with:
>
>  * netinst
>  * *1* single CD with more content (xfce, more useful stuff)
>  * DVD sets (and bigger)

This seems perfect to someone (me) who has expressed the desire of still
having at least a CD:

  <http://lists.debian.org/sa71u377p4p.fsf@gismo.pca.it>

> I'm thinking more about what we could/should fit into the "useful
> stuff" category, plus what we should call it ("recommended", "Debian
> developer toolbox", "good stuff"? *grin*). I remember Bdale asking for
> something like this last year at the debian-cd BoF at DC12, and there
> were general murmurs of support. Can we add sensible extra tasksel
> task(s) to cover the things that *we* consider useful? I'm thinking
> about:
>
>  * misc devel utils
>  * tools for wireless
>  * all the bits you'd want to be able to configure your latest machine
>    so it comes up on the network automatically so you can
>    configure/install it further easily remotely
>  * ...
>
> Thoughts?

IMHO there should be a DE with the basic needs (music&pictures, office,
Internet life), I do not know how much that would take with Xfce.  Then,
one possibility would be to check what Grml (Bcc:ing Michael Prokop)
provides that d-i does not, I usually have a Grml CD for stuff that are
not on the netinst d-i.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca