Docs on UEFI support in Debian 7 CDs

Hello,

I am one of the authors of the Ubuntu Privacy Remix Live CD (https://privacy-cd.org), and I am currently looking to get our live CD working with UEFI support like the current amd64 image of Debian 7 live.

I'd like to find any docs on how this image was created, especially the isohybrid part. I can see that the image obviously contains 2 partitions, one large iso9660 partition and one smaller fat32 partition containing the EFI files. It also seems to have some kind of GPT table, but both parted and gdisk choke on it and tell me it's not valid.

What tools did you use to get from the file structure on disk to the hybrid image? Did you use "isohybrid --uefi" from the syslinux package, or something else? I see there was some discussion in Bug 658352, but it's not clear to me how it was solved. I am currently not familiar with the Debian CD creation process, we basically use the process described at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization. Unfortunately, this document is rather old and does not contain any info on isohybrid, let alone UEFI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andreas