Re: UEFI installation upload4 with LVM and crypt

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:35:27PM -0500, Ryan Morillo wrote:
>Hello,

Hi Ryan,

>The grub installer misses some modules that are required for LVM
>Crypt with UEFI, I had to add:
>insmod efi_gop
>insmod efi_uga
>(those two are in the load_video function, but it isn't called as far
>as I can tell since I couldn't boot without it.)
>insmod gcry_twofish
>insmod gcry_sha256
>insmod part_gtp
>insmod lvm

Right. To confirm: this is after you've installed things and are
trying to boot the newly-installed system?

>The fact that your "BIOS" setting has to be set to use UEFI if it is
>a dual system isn't mentioned.  The first time that I setup my
>machine I had it on BIOS, and the installed worked fine, I changed to
>UEFI and reinstalled after I broke the system trying to convert after
>the install.

OK... Sorry, that could be clearer. It also depends heavily on the
particular system as to what it will try first by default from EFI and
BIOS. :-(

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane