Re: Weekly build for AMD64 Wheezy stalls

I have been following this thread since I gave my 64bit Debian testing box a brain transplant. It now has a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P M/B and a Athelon II x2 260 cpu with 8G RAM. As far as I can determine it has a built-in 760c Radeon 3000 graphics card and a built-in RS780 Azalia sound card.

I did a reinstall of testing on a spare HDD as the results were the same.

Graphics.   Not running Gnome 3, but is running in a reduced fall-back mode.

Sound.  Not working at all.

If I run a live Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit CD everything works.
If I run Aptosid sound works, but graphics still substandard.

Everything worked with the machine's old brain.

I am wondering if those people whose machines are having trouble with installing testing would try Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit to see if Ubuntu includes the required drivers.

If Ubuntu has the drivers, then someone might have a friendly chat with Canonical.

Regards.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business