Re: UEFI installation upload4 with LVM and crypt

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:19:34AM -0500, Ryan Morillo wrote:
>Hello Steve,
>Yes, the first part is after the install, the modules are on the
>disk, they just aren't populated into the grub.cfg.

Cool. I thought it was worth double-checking. :-)

>The load_video function not being used is a bit beyond my
>understanding, the function is listed, but I don't know where/how it
>would be called, so I just insmoded them inline.

Right. I didn't care too much about setting up the graphics in the
loaded system yet. It looks like /etc/grub.d/10_linux is responsible
for adding a call to the "load_video" function, but it's not adding
that on EFI installations. GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX is responsible in
config.

In terms of the other missing modules, that sounds like a generic grub
installation problem. I've not seen similar issues, and I was using
GPT partitioning in my testing too.

>Thanks for your work, good stuff other than those couple of
>inconvieniences.

Cool, thanks for the report. :-)

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...