Re: debian-cd - dists/$DIST/InRelease and binary-$ARCH/Release files

On Sunday 20 May 2012 15:28:53 George Danchev wrote:
Hi,

> To summarize: As far as I understan it a future debian-cd is encouraged to
> solely rely on mirrors' dists/$DIST/InRelease, munge it a bit as it
> currently does with Release files, and get it in the ISO image.

Correction, it seems like a better course of action would be:

debian-cd scripts should first try InRelease file, and if it is not found on the
$mirror, then fallback to Release{.gpg}.

<Ganneff> flightplan: it should  - not solely rely on Release{.gpg} but first try
InRelease. Only if that isnt there, fallback (for some time)
<flightplan> Ganneff: Ook. Will InRelease.gpg be there, when Release{.gpg} are
gone?
<Ganneff> no .gpg
<Ganneff> just InRelease
<Ganneff> .gpg is a detached sig, THE thing that inrelease doesnt have.
<Ganneff> INline sig

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>