Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 02:06:25AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Also if udeb:s are going to be using xz then it makes even more sense to use
> it for everything.

µdebs won't use the xz default, though.  (The compression for them will be
handled in debhelper.)

With the compression scheme I posted to -boot it doesn't need more memory than
gzip while still compressing better.  I don't see any trouble in activating
xz for amd64/i386 immediately before the release, if the problem with the core
packages is solved.  (I.e. debootstrap avoiding any ties to xz or avoiding the
compression of core packages.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern