debian-cd_3.1.8_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable
debian-cd (3.1.8) unstable; urgency=low
[ Steve McIntyre ]
* Switch i386 kernel flavours again on advice from Ben:
+ Removed all mention of 686-bigmem as it's now gone
+ Added 686-pae onto CD#1 in place of 686
+ Leave the 486 kernel on CD#1 still, for people who can't use 686-pae
+ Add zfsutils into the generate_d-i+k_list for kfreebsd users.
* Add support for translated package description files. Closes: #495102
+ Add needed dependency on bzip2
+ Other minor cleanups in tools/make_disc_trees.pl
* Fix "expert" mode in yaboot for powerpc. Closes: #636265. Thanks to
Milan Kupcevic for the patch.
* Update list of Linux kernel packages. Closes: #648690. Thanks to Ben
Hutchings for the patch.
* Remove lots of old stuff neither needed nor supported any more:
+ removed architectures: alpha arm hppa
+ removed releases: etch lenny
+ removed unversioned data/sparc and data/yaboot, versioned
equivalents are in place already.
* tools/generate_firmware_task: Add LOCALDEBS support
* Add more armel kernel flavours
* Add armhf as a known architecture, merging common armel/armhf boot
* Remove hppa boot script, unsupported now.
* Tweak command line options for creating source images: add -joliet-long
[ Joey Hess ]
* Read tasksel's debian-tasks.desc from its new location.
[ Ian Campbell ]
* Rename "xm-debian.cfg" to just "debian.cfg" for Xen config.
[ Raphaël Hertzog ]
* Changes triggered by various lintian warnings:
+ Switch to “3.0 (native)” source format to get rid of .svn
directories in the source package (when built from the svn checkout
+ Support build-arch/build-indep targets in debian/rules.
+ Drop executable rights from tools/boot/wheezy/boot-hurd
(and fix debian/rules to not re-add it).
+ Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.2 (no change required).
[ Philipp Kern ]
* Add an extra tweaked version of d390.ins for s390 booting. The
Hardware Management Console needs the file to be in the root
[ Robert Millan ]
* Add kfreebsd 9. Closes: #650926
* Add graphical installer image for kfreebsd-amd64. Closes: #651530
* generate_d-i+k_list: Add ufutils. Closes: #662234
Override entries for your package:
debian-cd_3.1.8.dsc - source admin
debian-cd_3.1.8_all.deb - extra admin
Announcing to email@example.com
Closing bugs: 495102 636265 648690 650926 651530 662234
Thank you for your contribution to Debian.