Corrupted DVDs

Is it just me or have you been getting any feedback regarding corrupted DVD ISO images from the various mirrors?  I have downloaded and burned 6 images all resulting in the inability to boot.  Some images could not even be read when opened for exploration - the text & html files resulted in a screenful of garble regardless of which editor I used:  Gedit, Vim, GVim, Emacs 23, nedit, leafpad all produced corrupted characters.

 I've downloaded these images with Multiget, KGet & wget via HTTP protocol and all the images came up with different MD5SUMS.  In spite of this I proceeded to burn the images in hopes that maybe these were updated images and the posted MD5SUM files had yet to be updated.

When would you suggest a good time would be to download some sound images after the mirrors have resynced to the corrected ISO images?

Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
 -- Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Registered Linux User No. 306834