Re: weekly netinst.iso?

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 10:08:04AM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 07:46:50PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 02:17:30PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >I would like to try testing on my old laptop (as a test bed).
>> >
>> >The alpha1 is quite old and updates take me a long time.
>> >
>> >I'm on dialup, so I want a netinst.iso
>> >
>> >I can't grab a daily-build before it rolls off the server.
>> >
>> >I would like a weekly build netinst.iso, however they don't seem to be
>> >made.  Is there a simple reason for this?  Could they be available?
>>
>> The weeklies are just for the larger images, by tradition. The daily
>> images should still be available for several days; you'll just have to
>> use the link by date to point to a static download instead of the
>> "arch_latest" links which are updated automatically after each
>> build. Would that cover what you need?
>
>I tried that, but the static download by date directory still
>disappears.  It seems there are several builds in a day but only a
>couple of days worth at a time in the directory.

Is that not enough for you? How long is it taking you to download
things? Or am I missing something here? We could keep things a little
longer if needed, but those builds are only meant to be a development
snapshot atm.

>Any idea when the next longer-lived netinst.iso file will be built (i.e.
>right now its the alpha1)?

I'm not sure when alpha 2 is expected, I'm afraid. debian-boot /
debian-release might be able to help you more, though.

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.