Re: lack of gnome on squeeze CD #1

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 01:24:34AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> The squeeze CD #1 [a], which is probably still one of the most commonly
> mass-produced Debian CDs, no longer contains the Gnome desktop
> environment, or any self-contained working desktop environment. I believe
> the multiarch CD [b] also lacks a DE. I wanted to bring this to the
> attention of the desktop and gnome team, who presumably might care, since
> I have seen mentions of it, but nobody taking action to fix this.

Please don't shoot me but do we really want to produce CD images beside the
netinst iso? I'm not sure if that's still needed in times of usb thumb drives
all around with a multitude of capacity you've on a CD.

Though I've to admit I'm not sure what's the situation on non i386/amd64
architectures like older ppc boxes. For the newer armel and mipsel systems
I looked at I don't remember optical drives at all.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.