Re: Multi-arch netinst getting too big

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 15:45 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Just a crcy idea: Could the plain i386 kernel be droped instead? That
> would loose support for i486 and i586 cpus on the m-a CD. But is that
> needed there?

I guess it is a possibility, I suppose new installs on i486 and i586
class machines are likely to be a dying breed and there are other images
which contain that kernel for those occasions. (although I guess the
same rationale could be applied to having i386 at all when amd64 is on
the image too ;-) )

Does anyone else have an opinion?

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Reverend Bizarre - The March Of The War Elephants

New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his age,
and his wife most often reminds him to act it.
		-- Webster's Unafraid Dictionary