Re: debian-testing-i386-DVD-6.iso checksum

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 01:59:03PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 06:33:31PM +0100, ael wrote:
> >Is anyone else seeing checksum problems on today's
> >debian-testing-i386-DVD-6.iso?
> >The i386-DVD-{1..5}.isos were ok.

[..snip..]
> They check out just fine on the server:

[..snip..]
> I'd double-check the jigdo file and the template file to make sure
> they're consistent. If you downloaded yesterday, then there's a chance
> you downloaded things just as I was doing multiple test runs and
> you've got a mixed set of files. If that's the case, sorry for the
> inconveniece. :-(

I think that's the most likely explanation. I regularly use jigdo & have
never had a checksumm error before. The only other explanation would be
a corrupt file on one of the mirrors, I assume. I did switch mirrors for
some part of the download, but don't remember the details now.

Thanks for the reply.

ael