Re: Debian on blueray disk?

Hi Lars,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 04:56:30PM +0100, lars martin hambro wrote:
>From: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/10/msg00003.html
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>It's probably time for a quick update on what we've been up to
>lately in terms of producing Debian CD and DVD and (!) BD images.
>
>That will give the game away for the biggest change that has happened
>lately - we're now producing some Blu-ray images alongside the
>existing CD and DVD images with each weekly Lenny build. As a standard
>Blu-ray disc will hold up to 25GB of data, that means that, for the
>first time in several years, users should be able to fit all of the
>packages for one architecture on a single disc. Woo!
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>This is a nice news.
>
>How can i download Blueray images?
>
>Will this be completed debian image based on http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.4/amd64/iso-dvd/ ?
>
>Is it possible to buy debian on blueray disk?
>
>Wich language and software will debian support on blueray?

Official blu-ray images are available already for download, containing
the full set of released software in Debian, both for stable releases
and once every week (testing releases). However, to save on disk and
bandwidth we don't make the ISO images available for http
download. Instead, you'll need to use jigdo to get them [1].

I don't know of many people selling BD editions of Debian yet - have
you checked the vendor list [2] for people near you?

[1] http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
[2] http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.