spyware installed by Debian recommended downloader FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER

Per the instructions on the debian web site at http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ I just downloaded FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER for Windows and installed it, using the aforementioned link on the Debian web site to do it.

This package installed the most disgusting piece of spyware I have ever seen. It read the list of all installed programs and suggested updates to make them current. The links for all these "updates" took me to a commercial web site that wanted to "sell" me the updates even though most items were either freeware or open source.

Worst of all, this piece of shitware wanted to "update" Microsoft Office - apparently by bypassing Microsoft Update! This situation is totally disgusting.