Re: jigdo files: no source for testing after 3 weeks?

Sorry for the delay... :-(

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 01:03:33PM +0100, ael wrote:

> 2) The source jigdos for the weekly builds at
>    http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/source/jigdo-dvd/
>  are missing and have been missing for 3 (or more?) weeks.
>
> Are the sources built last perhaps, so that any error in any
> architecture blocks the sources? If so, shouldn't the sources be first?
> They are really the most important in that one can rebuild and maybe
> work around build problems for any architecture, but only if they are
> there.

The cron job that builds the weekly images normally goes in the order:

i386 source amd64 multi powerpc alpha armel hppa ia64 mips mipsel s390 sparc

for reference. What happened here (and has happened a couple of times
in the past) is that a source package moved from one part of the
archive to another (in this case the weirdx package went from contrib
to main) and dak doesn't/didn't handle this case very well. The
debian-cd scripts found that the weirdx .orig.tar.gz file was missing
and bailed out.

I don't always have the time to check up on the build failures, which
is why this happened for 3 weeks running. Once you pointed it out
(thanks!), I spoke to the ftpteam and got them to fix the archive. All
should be fine now AFAICS.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds