Re: missing iso images at cdimage?

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:49:28PM +0200, vjxludelbyimt@nphiuu.mine.nu wrote:

>Does it not make more sense to limit what is made available by FTP
>and make all images available via FSP and/or BitTorrent? That would
>be easier on bandwidth of the servers.

Frankly, no it wouldn't. For the common images people will still want
direct downloads anyway. For the less common images, (approximately)
nobody will ever download them, so nobody will ever end up seeding
them either. The main reason that we've cut the number of images is to
save disk space on cdimage and all the mirrors. They've typically got
enough bandwidth.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/