Re: Multiple iso in a single dvd

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:29:23PM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
>On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 19:37 +0530, Kousik Maiti wrote:
>>
>> Can anybody help me by giving instructions to create a bootable image
>> containing multiple iso. I want to create a DVD image which may
>> contain iso of different debian flavour .
>
>Strictly speaking, you can't write multiple ISO images on one single
>"CD", because by definition, an ISO is the exact image of the final CD,
>AFAIK.
>
>You could merge multiple CD images, by copying the files contained in
>multiple ISOs, but you would also have to re-install the CD's
>bootloader, and poke it's the menu system. That's probably not an easy
>game.

It depends on what you're trying to do. In general, this is a hard
problem: you'll need to have some sort of program loaded that can
chain-load multiple other images from the DVD. If you're trying to
just get different Debian images, then you'll need to tweak the
syslinux/isolinux config I guess. But I'm not an expert on that, I'm
afraid.

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"