Re: Multiple iso in a single dvd

Hi,

[[CC'ing debian-cd, as they may have better suggestion than me]]

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 19:37 +0530, Kousik Maiti wrote:

> Can anybody help me by giving instructions to create a bootable image
> containing multiple iso. I want to create a DVD image which may
> contain iso of different debian flavour .

Strictly speaking, you can't write multiple ISO images on one single
"CD", because by definition, an ISO is the exact image of the final CD,
AFAIK.

You could merge multiple CD images, by copying the files contained in
multiple ISOs, but you would also have to re-install the CD's
bootloader, and poke it's the menu system. That's probably not an easy
game.

Alternatively, have a look at the debian-cd package and mailing-list
http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/ .

By the way, are you aware that the "multi-arch"[1] DVD contains i386 +
amd64 + source, with all 4 debian Desktop envronnement (KDE, Gnome, Xfce
and LXDE)?

My 2¢

Franklin

[1] http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.1/multi-arch/iso-dvd/