Re: Meeting(s) at FOSDEM

On Thursday 05 February 2009, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 02:53:58PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >>Hi folks,
> >>
> >>Apologies for the massive cross-posting, but I'm trying to arrange
> >>some discussions between the various teams, or at least those members
> >>who will be at FOSDEM. Topics I'd like us to talk about include:
> >>
> >> 1. how the d-i daily builds are done and distributed
> >> 2. how the needs of the kernel d-i teams can better be reconciled
> >>
> >>I'm guessing that quite a number of people may be interested in
> >> these, and in other topics. Is there anything else I'm missing that
> >> you would like to discuss?
> >>
> >>Then: when and where would be a good time to meet up?
>
> Hello? Anyone?

As I've already made my opinion clear by mail on the first issue I don't
see much point in a meeting unless others show an interest in it.
For the second issue I doubt that FOSDEM is the right venue.

I'll be at FOSDEM and if there is a meeting I'm willing to attend. I can
explain some of the technical issues involved and explain why IMO
triggering daily builds by uploads is a very bad idea.