Fwd: Re: DVD image download issue Opera, Konqueror, and Firefox/iceweasel

appolgies, forwarding to the lists

Note: forwarded message attached.

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
Registered Kubuntu User #19678
this user is penguin powered

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
--- Begin Message ---
i'll leave this as a direct reply since that is how it
came to me :)

> 24% of 4.4Gb is pretty close to 1Gb. Are you sure
> there's not something
> preventing you creating files over 1GB (e.g.
> ulimit). Or could your ISP be
> blocking "large" downloads?

fair question but i doubt it as i have previously
downloaded fedora core 8, openSUSE 10.3, and Sabayon
4.3 all of which were DVD images with no problem

> I'm not sure I understood about the "wget" problem -
> would you mind
> clarifying it, please?

sure, wget i would get up and wonder off and when i
come back my hard drive would be full but if i
download them though my browser (regardless of which
one) i find myself more likely to burn them off as
they are completed (who has ever heard of 20+ cd-iso
files dowloading so that they all were complete at the
same time?)

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
Registered Kubuntu User #19678