Re: [RFR] Creating tasks dynamically v3

On Friday 17 October 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 16 October 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> Here is version 3 of the patch. Changes:
> - remove $(TASKDIR) in dir-clean target
> - make creation of $(TASKDIR) quiet
> - also change include dir for rawlist-exclude

Steve and I have discussed this RFR tonight and decided to go with this
version of the patch, not the alternative.

There are only very minor changes after the review, so I won't post a
final version.

Plan is to commit these changes right after D-I RC1 has been released, do
a new "release" build and compare the results. We also plan to test the
EXCLUDE options at that time to make sure they work correctly.

> There seem to be some inconsistencies about how EXCLUDE is handled:
> - it is "unset" in CONF.sh, but there is no example to set it
> - it looks like it's being processed both in the Makefile (target
>   rawlist-exclude) and in make_disc_trees.pl

It turns out that rawlist.exclude and list.exclude are no longer used. A
cleanup patch has been committed to remove all references to them.

Cheers,
FJP