Re: figuring out do_custom_download.pl

On Thu, 29 May 2008 16:26:44 -0500
Josh Cronemeyer <jcroneme@thoughtworks.com> wrote:

> but it isn't ok and nothing happens.  Do I need to specify something
> for the -l option which is the "package control" path? I have no idea
> what path I would give it for that.  Does my pool directory already

See previous email on that.

> need to have a proper mirror directory structure?  Currently I just
> have an empty directory?

I don't remember to be honest.  I think it just needs the pool
directory (I certainly didn't create all the main/a/a-package
directories by hand, so that at least is done by the script).

> Is this the way the ubuntu folks do it?

As mentioned, no.  In fact I'm not sure debian-cd will do what you want
as far as creating an ubuntu cd goes.  I'm pretty sure it will fail to
create an ubuntu boot cd, though it _might_ be okay for an extra (no
installer) cd set.  I remember having issues with that and working
on (but didn't complete) a cd creation tool for that reason.  I
haven't need custom ubuntu cd's yet so I haven't worked on that for a
while.

AFAIK ubuntu uses some custom tool that they haven't shared with the
rest of us.

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore